Saturday, August 16, 2008

2 weeks old

Wow- the past 2 weeks have seen quite a bit in the Maynard household. We are still adapting to our beautiful Samantha; learning what cries mean what & just how many diapers she really goes through in a day!! Also food- wow, she eats like a champion! Thank you to everyone for their well wishes & generosity! I am still working through the thank you notes; but we really do appreciate every well wish that has been sent our way.
As for Samantha: she has had her first 2 pediatric appointments. She is now 8 pounds 1 ounce; she is gaining weight like nobody's business- which makes both her parents & the Dr. happy. She is learning to hate the Dr. since she gets poked & prodded every time. As we were leaving the Dr's office this last visit I heard a baby screaming from another room & my heart went out to that mom or dad. Amazing how much more empathy I now have for other parents (And I know I haven't even seen the half of it yet!)
As for Lance & I: Lance is back at work although reluctantly. I know he would love to stay home with Sami & I given the chance. He is currently catching up on his sleep with his little girl on the couch. On the other hand I am still waiting for the swelling to go away completely. Every morning I try on my wedding band & cannot wait for it to finally fit again. But I am back into my jeans!!! That was a trophy moment! Anyways here are some photos from the last week of Sami's life...
****************************
1 week old.


1st Dr. Appointment.


My grandmother- Nannie with Sami.

3 generations of Thomas'.


Watching the Olympics with dad.

Meeting Avery for the first time!

Nana & Sami

No comments: