July 30
- 10:15 pm - Jen thinks her water broke
- 10:50 pm - Jen calls the doctor. The doctor instructs us to come into the hospital to run a couple of tests.
- 11:30 pm - We arrive at the hospital, and have some tests done.
- 12:30 am - We are told that Jen's water did break and we are here to stay. The doctor informed us that they will move us to a labor room and induce labor. The doctor said not to worry, that they'll start the induction now, but we can sleep through the night so we have plenty of rest, so we can have a baby in the afternoon.
- 1:30 am - Nurse gives Jen the medicine to start inducing labor. They had to induce to get Jen's body to recognize that she was in labor, so she would start dialating. (I believe this to be true, but I'm sure Jen will correct this when she wakes up).
- 2:30 am - I run home to get Jen her pillow so she can sleep. I also grabbed some clothes.
- 3:30 am - I return to the hospital to find Jen still awake.
- 5:00 am - Jen and I haven't slept a wink but we are trying to sleep. The visits from the nurses and the fact that Jen could not get comfortable contributed to our inability to sleep. At this time Jen really hasn't started feeling the contractions too much.
- 6:15 am - Jen starts yelling at me to wake up. Apparently she has been trying to wake me up for the past ten minutes but she couldn't reach me. Jen was hooked up to an IV and a monitor. I did finally wake up from my nap, to see Jen going through a contraction. Apparently the Jen's body decided that it was time to have a baby. So much for getting sleep and taking it easy.
- 6:30 am - I start making phone calls to let people know that Jen had started labor. I didn't call most people because I thought it was too early for most.
- 7:15 am - I finally got done with all the phone calls I needed to make. Now I was interrupted by Jen and the nurses during this time.
- 7:30 am - Jen's dad (Cecil) arrived at the hospital. Unfortunately he couldn't come in the room and the nurse was examining Jen. I stepped outside to let him know that Jen was at 4 cm and that everything is fine.
- 7:40 am - Jen's mom (Sheri) arrived at the hospital. I stepped out of the room, to talk. Jen is now at 7 cm. Jen is moving along real quick.
- 8:10 am - Jen is at 10 cm, and ready to push. Only problem is that our doctor hasn't arrived yet. Jen dialated so quick, it took everyone by surprise, especially since this is Jen's first birth.
- 8:15 am - Our doctor is running full speed down the hall. The doctor puts on scrubs and she gets into position.
- 8:30 am - Our little girl greets us for the first time. Chaos begins now! They take Sami to the bassinet to do their thing, and the doctor attends to Jen. I'm standing there wondering "Do I go with Sami or do I stay with Jen?". After what appeared to be five minutes (which was really only one second), Jen instructed me to start taking pictures of Sami. What a sight to see. I was checking out what the nurses were doing to Sami and what the doctor was doing with Jen. It was quite the experience to witness. We just thank God for giving us a healthy baby girl.
- 11:45 pm - Jen just got done with feeding Samantha and a nurse visit. It's time to try to get some sleep. What a day!!!
Pictures:
Mom and Samantha
Our family
Her first "bath"
First time she showed her eyes. Boy was she upset.
Sami sleeping.
Sami with Grandpa Cecil and Grandma Sheri
Sami with Aunt Donna and Aunt Trish
Sami with Nicole and Mom
Sami with Aunt Shelly, Uncle Pat, Cousin Erin (not pictured), and Cousin Joseph
Sami with Great Grandma Norma and Grandma Linda
No comments:
Post a Comment