I really don't have much new or any photos but just thought I'd pipe in to say hello & that we are still here. Lance has been getting in a good deal of goose hunting (to me it seems like a good deal, to him he 'barely goes'!). Poor guy has been working hard so I figure he deserves some time for fun, right?
*
As for Samantha, well she's starting to connect her rolls together & get mobile. I haven't seen her do more that 2 in a row; but that's enough to start bumping her head into things with momentum! I guess instead of making sure the floor is clear just around her, I now need to make sure it is all clear! She is coming into her own personality & that has been a treat to see! She's VERY observant with new people, but once she deems them okay she gets talkative! My old roomies (Terri & Lindsay) were over on Tuesday & as we sat chatting Sami had to get in on the action! I've noticed her doing that quite a bit lately when I'm conversing with someone. She's not very talkative but when she decides to be vocal she can get rather loud!
She definitely has favorite foods now! Sweet potatoes are the best!!! She tolerates carrots & peas, doesn't care for squash, but oh those sweet potatoes!!! Yummy! Lance thinks she's going to be the weird girl who brings her sweet potato to the party while all the other kids are chowing on cake. The mom in me says, "Is that so bad?"
Samantha is also learning about parks! Oh the joy?!?! I took her to her first park & she was her typical quiet, observant self in the swing & on the slide. No smiles. Then I took her again Thursday with my mother (our washing machine is on the fritz, so it was laundry day at my parent's house!). After about 3 minutes on the swing we got intermittent smiles from her & even 2 coos. She might just decided that she does like it! Still no smiles on the slide though.
We hope you are all enjoying 2009!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Jenny
"You're Welcome!" again!! You sent us 2 thank you notes for the baby gift. Listen, that's what kids do to you. Next baby, we'll send a gift but you do not send us a thank you note and we'll be even!!
Brad and Patti
Post a Comment