Happy Birthday Lance!!!
Yesterday was my sweet husband's birthday! Happy Birthday to him! He is out goose hunting right now with some friends & then the Superbowl! What better day? Yesterday he got to "sleep in". (I put that in quotations because it's later than he'd sleep on a work day but still not as late as I'd love to sleep given the opportunity!) We caught the tail end of Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase (Lance's favorite Christmas movie) as we ate our hearty breakfast of cinnamon rolls! (That should give you an idea of how the rest of the day progressed!) We did whatever he felt like doing & ended our day with a hearty steak dinner. Happy Birthday Lance! I love you!*
Bottle Time?!?!
We had gotten some sushi Friday night to celebrate Lance's birthday with my parents. (I had been craving the pimp roll since my birthday 2 years ago; but due to pregnancy & breast feeding certain things fall to the wayside.) Needless to say I had to "pump & dump" yesterday, so Sami had a bottle all day. She took it eagerly at first; then flat out refused! It was heartbreaking because she was so hungry & kept trying to latch on through my shirt but screamed whenever the bottle came near! So we filled her up on peas & rice cereal until she finally relented to the bottle around 3pm!! Then she wouldn't let go of it; go figure! Since we haven't really been giving her bottles it was neat to see her grab it & hold onto it herself. Also she kept rotating the bottle in her hands while she ate- it was rather cute.*
I never thought that we would have a problem when it came time to wean Samantha but after her screaming refusals yesterday I realized that we just might. Also, this morning when I breastfed her again I realized how much I had missed it, even after just a day. It's truly an amazing experience. Now I just have to get her to quit biting!! She has no teeth but seems to think it's fun to chomp down & pull. OUCH!!!
*
My little darling just woke up so I will add some photos later of the birthday boy & his princess. Until then, enjoy the Superbowl!
*
Time for cake!! Just after I put the camera away (actually AS I was putting the camera away) Lance sat Sami really close to the cake to "see if she would go for it". Of course she did & chocolate frosting went everywhere! All over her & everything remotely near her got frosted, including Lance!



Samantha with her bottle.

Samantha with her bottle.
No comments:
Post a Comment