Thursday, March 12, 2009

A father's love

I just witnessed the most beautiful half hour. Tonight my sweet Samantha was exhausted, rubbing her eyes & just pooped; but she couldn't drift off to sleep. I tried everything to coax her to dreamland & ended up bringing her downstairs to rock with me as Lance & I watched 'The Office'. My dear husband said, 'give her to me.' He took her, laid down with her on the couch & for the next half hour she held onto his finger while he gently stroked her cheek & whispered to her. She finally relented & drifted off to dreams.
*
What a beautiful scene! There was so much love there between daddy & daughter & it just about brought me to tears. As I sat there watching, I knew, this is a moment I will remember the rest of my life.
*
I love those moments!

No comments: