Tuesday, July 29, 2008

4 days and counting...

We have 4 days left until our estimated due date & Samantha seems snug as a bug with no signs of wanting to join the rest of the world. This is much to the dismay of her mother! I am beyond ready to hold her in my arms instead of my belly! And it seems that at every turn someone else is delivering their baby but Samantha stays put! Lance & I figured she was stubborn when at her 4 month ultrasound she refused to turn around to show us if she was a little girl or boy; it took the technician 20 minutes of playing with her to get 'the shot'. Lance is my rock though; he keeps reminding me to enjoy the last few kicks and hiccups & to remember how lucky we are that we have made it to 40 weeks and are healthy. He is completely right- she will be here soon enough; and we are blessed that we've had an overall smooth & healthy 9 months.
*
Along this topic a co-worker's sister is 27 weeks pregnant & her water just broke. The doctors would like her to hold on until 32 weeks, then they will perform a Cesarean. Please remember her & her baby in your prayers.
*
The latest newby belongs to my cousin Jason & his wife Kristian. They had their little boy Mason today; 6 pounds, 11 ounces. Congratulations!
*
Otherwise, I am on my last week at work. We have a slurry of tests coming up this Friday to make sure that Samantha is good to stay put; and we have done everything on our list to be ready for her appearance! (We ordered a camcorder & it finally showed up yesterday! I was worried that we wouldn't get it in time for the 'big day'.)
*
Here are some photos from Samantha's baby shower. I am still working on the thank you notes but we so greatly appreciate all of the generosity showered upon us. Thank you all.
*
My mom & I (Have I mentioned how every part of my body is swollen beyond imagination?)

Tosha (my sister-in-law) & I

The Thomas ladies: Donna, Trish, Shelley, myself, Norma & Linda (Lance's mom)

Madison

The cute cake that they had for us. It had strawberry filling...yum!

Lance's Uncle Wayne sent Samantha her first fishing pole so she could hang out with her daddy!

2 of my past roommates Terri & Lindsay, me, one of our hostesses Kathy & a friend (& past Bible study leader from my teenage days!) Debbie.

Nichole & Avery

My freshman roommate from CSU, Carol

Lance & I at 38 weeks.

Dad put Zach up on the roof of my Jeep & Zach wasn't so sure what to think.

No comments: