Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Norma!

July 6 is Lance's grandmother's 80th birthday; so the Thomas family decided to throw her a surprise party this past Saturday. They told her that it was a baby shower for Lance & I, so the house looked ready for a baby shower & her gifts were wrapped in baby themed wrapping paper. When she stepped into the back yard however, there was a big sign saying happy birthday & tons of people! Her kids had called everyone in her family as well as friends & neighbors both current & past. All but 4 in her own family were able to make it, as well as her sister and some of her family. Norma's cousin showed up & friends galore. There really was quite the gamut of people there! I can't tell you how many times I heard people tell Lance, 'The last time I saw you... you were this big.' It was quite the day!
The next day, Sunday, most of the Thomas family turned up at Norma's house to say their goodbyes & I learned that Norma & her cousin had stayed up talking most of the night. Then the next morning Norma was awake before everyone else reading through her cards & letters from everyone who couldn't make the Sat party. Needless to say she was excited!
Well, as usual I was without my camera and I didn't know until this morning that Lance had his!! So, instead here is a photo of most of the Thomas family from our wedding, as well as one of Norma & Lance.

Thomas family


Lance & Norma

No comments: