Thursday, July 24, 2008

9 days!

Wow 9 days left until August 2nd! We'll see if this little girl takes after her mother & arrives fashionably late or is on-time/early like her father likes to be! Here is some house keeping information before I tell you what's gone on with us these past 2 weeks. (These are some answers to questions we've been asked quite frequently lately.)
1. We will be delivering (hopefully!!) at Parker Adventist Hospital in Parker, CO.
2. The hospital has wireless internet so to update everyone & give us something to do, we'll bring our laptop & try to keep updating the blog as things progress.
3. We are not planning on being induced early however our Dr. does not want us to go past 41 weeks; so that puts us at August 8. (For those of you who have been asking us to hold out until then you might just get your wish!) However...interesting tidbit...come to find out 888 is considered lucky by most Asians; so we'll talk to our Dr. at our next visit but that day might just already be booked.
4. We are not opposed to hospital visitors. We will attempt to post shortly after she arrives (or have somebody post for us- this is most likely what will happen!!) and let everyone know times that people can drop by. Also the same when we leave the hospital & get home. If anyone has questions feel free to call us though.
*
Okay, enough of that for now. But if you don't hear anything else here- it might be because in our rush we forgot our laptop!! (As we all know I am so good at remembering to grab things such as my camera!!) So keep an eye on my folk's blog and my sister-in-law's blog.

********************************

As for what we have been up to since our last post... I finished transitioning all of my projects at work and am wrapping up the last few loose ends. We are both packed and ready to hold our little girl. (We actually have a bet on what day she will arrive! Lance says the last week of July & I say Aug 6,7, or 8! Looser has to change the first few diapers! We'll see who wins!)
*
On Sat 7/19, Lance's aunt Donna got married, so the Thomas family got to hang out for a backyard wedding and BBQ at Paul's (Donna's new husband) folk's home. They had tents out everywhere & quite a gathering of friends & family. Donna's granddaughters Addison & Evelyn were the flower girls & were absolutely adorable!! Sorry though, again no camera- I really need to get better at that especially with our little one coming!! Maybe Lance should super glue it to my hand?!
Donna & Paul sharing a dance at our wedding last year.

*
Then on Sun 7/20 my mom, sister-in-law Tosha, and 2 of my mom's friends (Kathy Peterson & Kellie Howell) threw Samantha a baby shower. Thank you so much to everyone for coming & sharing in our joy & for such overwhelming generosity!! Lance & I both are flabbergasted at how thoughtful & generous everyone was. It took us 2 car loads to get everything home!! And I am still organizing & putting things away in the nursery. I tell you what- 1 load of baby clothes is a back breaker when folding!! Thank you a thousand times over- our little girl will be the best dressed on the block for months to come! (Again no camera- mom & Tosha were the photographers so as soon as I get the pictures I will post some.)
*
Lastly, I want to throw out that our nephew Zachary is turning 1 on Sat!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACH!! He is adorable & I only wish we got to see him everyday! Why can't Houston be closer?!
*
So, since I love looking at photos more than reading, here are some that I pilfered from other family members & from my own archives. Enjoy.
My brother Bobby, Tosha, Madison & newby Zach.

1 week old Zach with Aunt Jenny

Taking his first few steps.

Just one of the cutest photos! (Independence day)



No comments: